Christmas House strives to preserve the dignity of families who use our services. We offer new merchandise and items we would see fit to give our own families as gifts. We want every child who receives gifts through Christmas House to wake up Christmas morning with new gifts under their tree. We accept new items and also accept “like-new” stuffed animals and used bicycles that have been routed through a partner charity “Sharing Wheels” who refurbishes used bikes and then donates them to us during December. Other used clothing, toys and items should be donated to other local non-profit organizations.
Donated gifts can be delivered to Christmas House during our open hours in December. Due to limited storage facilities, special arrangements need to be made for donations of merchandise during the rest of the year. To make arrangements or ask questions, call 425-338-2273, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
When the store is open to shoppers, qualifying parents are assisted by a volunteer with choosing 5-6 gifts for each of their children and one gift for the family. Each child receives a stocking stuffer; small gift; large gift; hat, gloves or scarf; and new clothing item. Younger children also receive a stuffed animal. In 2012 this totaled over 58,000 items!!
Children Gifts - Age 0 through 8 years old
Toys, toys and more toys!
– Small Gift Table - 5,435 gifts ($5.00 and up items)
– Large Gift Table - 5,435 gifts ($10.00 and up items)
– Stocking Stuffer Table - 5,435 gifts
Preteen Gifts – Age 9 – 12 years old
Preteens enjoy sports equipment, craft kits, jewelry boxes, electronic games and remote control cars.
– Small Gift Table - 2,270 gifts ($5.00 and up items)
– Large Gift Table - 2,270 gifts ($10.00 and up items)
– Stocking Stuffer Table - 2,270 gifts
Teen Gifts – Age 13 – 18 years old
Popular teen items include sporting goods, handheld electronic games, sleeping bags, cosmetic gift sets, watches, hair dryers, curling irons and jewelry boxes.
– Small Gift Table - 2,150 gifts ($7.50 and up items)
– Large Gift Table - 2,150 gifts ($15.00 and up items)
– Stocking Stuffer Table - 2,150 gifts
Stuffed Animals – Age 0 – 12 years old
We will need 7,700 new stuffed animals this year.
Stocking Hats, Gloves & Scarves- All Children
We plan to provide every child with a new pair of gloves or a warm winter stocking hat or scarf.
– Stocking Hats - 4,925 each
– Gloves - 4,925 pair
New Children’s Clothing – All Children
Each child will be able to have one new clothing item which could include pajamas, underwear, socks or a new coat.
– Toddlers – 1,475 clothing items (age 0-3)
– Youth - 3,960 clothing items (age 4-8)
– Teen & Pre-teen - 4,400 clothing items (age 9-18)
Family Gift – one item per family
Each family can select a Christmas item such as wrapping paper, ornaments, lights or decorations. We will need 3,400 items.